Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Great Purchase and a Mystery Mishap!


               Today I went to the Fan HQ store at the Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka, MN. They sell mostly Twins and some Vikings and Wild and T-Wolves memorabilia, apparel, etc. I mostly go there for their Twins and baseball items. At Twins Fest i purchased a Paul Molitor 8x10 that I got signed that day! Its a great store for all Minnesota and Packer fans!

               Today I just went to browse, but, as I always do, I found a couple things I wanted! I got a great deal on a Bob Feller signed ball. They got it at a Twins Fest appearance in 2005. I am very pleased with this as I'm a huge Feller fan. Also, he wrote "HOF 1962" on it.  I did make a rather poor decision, as it turned out, in buying one of their mystery signed baseballs. They have about 15 or so signed balls of players who have played for the Twinkies. I decided to get one and it was a Phillip Humber autograph. He played with us in '08-09. He actually did throw a perfect game with the White Sox in 2012. But the signature was on a side panel, which most collectors, including myself, do not favor. I like them on the sweet spot. Whats more, there was even a small (what looked like to be Dr.Pepper!) stain on the side panel! Oh well, though. I guess that's what I get for buying something I didn't see! I'll probably not buy anymore mystery items... 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment